|| Updated: 26.Sep.2004
Michael R. Melosh
- A position in elementary education teaching with opportunities for continued educational advancement.
- Substitute Authorization (Three Year)
- Type 1 Authorization, Adjunct Teacher: Elementary: Computer Science
- Macromedia Dreamweaver, Hand coding
- Graphics Development (9 yrs. experience)
- Umax PhotoImpact, Umax Cool 3D, Aldus Photostyler
- PC, Apple, Unix, Sun, Novell systems.
- Excel, Lotus, Quattro Pro, MS Access.
- Word, Word Perfect, MS Works.
- Netscape, InternetExplorer, Mozilla, Mosaic, Opera, FTP, Gopher.
- Advanced Mathematics and Data Analysis including Statistical Analysis
- Chemical Engineering Economics - Process & Plant Costing & Depreciation
- Fluid Flow and Heat Transfer including Fouling
- Thermodynamics of Single- and Multi Component Systems
- Process Control/ Dynamics - Feedback, Feedforward, Mixed Systems
- Mass Transfer and Separation Processes - Ion Exchange, Filtration, Reverse Osmosis, Distillation, Liquid-Liquid Extraction, Solid-Liquid Extraction, Liquid-Gas Extraction
- Reactor Design - Continuous, Batch & Semi-batch w/ Catalysis & Surface Reactions
- Unit Operations Labs I & II - Drying, Membrane Separation of Gasses, Packed Tower Liquid Separation, Batch & Continuous Mixing, Steam/H2O Heat Transfer, Heat Transfer via Conduction & Convection, Reaction Order Determination
- Senior Design Project: Berkeley Pit, Butte, Montana - Plant Costing, Product Determination, Process Design, Meeting EPA Standards, Minimization of Toxic Waste
- Organic & Inorganic
- Physical & Thermodynamic
- Differential & Partial Differential Equations
- Five years of formal study of German.
- One year of formal study of Biblical Hebrew.
- Self-teaching Spanish.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, August 1994.
Return to the front page
- 09/2003 - present
- Substitute Teacher - Denver Public Schools'
- 09/2002 - 08/2003
- Computer Teacher - Denver Public Schools' Columbine Elementary School - Design and execute lessons in accordance with district guidelines; Design and execute lessons for adult English as Second Language learners; Evaluate and install software; Support for faculty & staff, and all school computers
- 07/2002 - 09/2002, 08/2003
- In-home Nanny - Infant/toddler childcare & light housekeeping
- 06/1997 - present
- Shaven Wookie, Ltd. - Webmaster
- 01/1996 - present
- pages by usher - Web page and graphics development, site design consultant
- 04/1999 - 12/2001
- Target Stores - Overnight Logistics Team Supervisor: Merchandise Flow
- 11/1997 - 04/1999
- Target Stores - Overnight Logistics Team: Pricing, Presentation and Merchandise Flow
- 11/1998 - 12/1999
- NewHoo - Category Editor
- 08/1994 - 10/1997
- George C. Taylor Law Library - Computer Lab Assistant: hardware and software installation and general maintenance, Internet and Novell network usage, database creation/manipulation, public technical support
- 05/94 - 10/1997
- George C. Taylor Law Library - Government Documents Assistant: inventory, filing, storage, Internet research, telephone, creating and maintaining computerized records, design and implementation of gov. doc's databases
- 09/1993 - 05/1994
- Tutoring of engineering students in (Q)BASIC and FORTRAN
- 06/1991 - 08/1992
- The Kroger Co. Middletown, KY- Frozen Foods, Dairy, and Non-foods clerk, Display supervisor
- 05/1989 - 08/1990
- The Kroger Co. LaGrange, KY- Night stock crew.
- AIChE- American Institute of Chemical Engineers: UTK student chapter 1991-1994, National 1994-1997
Order of the Engineer 1, 2- Ethics society for all engineers, inducted spring 1994
SEC- Student Engineering Council: facilitates interdisciplinary communication as well as student-community involvement, Community service committee 1993-1994
Alpha Phi Omega
Service Fraternity- Petitioning Member UTK Iota Alpha chapter, spring 1993- spring 1994
Last updated 6.Aug.2003contact Michael
a little about
I am a graduate of the University of Tennessee, Knoxville (UTK) with a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering (BSChE). I am currently looking for a position in elementary education and pursuing a Masters in Elementary Education.
My wife (a two time graduate of UTK) is a full time teacher at an elementary school in Denver. She has obtained her Master of Science in Curriculum and Instruction. She is certified to teach grades 1-8 in Colorado.
Some of Michael's opinions
Return to the front page
Last updated 26.Sep.2004
Background created by Michael Melosh
These pages are written, edited, maintained, and HTML'ed by
Michael Melosh. Michael Melosh reserves all © and tm rights on all original materials he creates, and he thanks all those who make their graphics available for use. All © , tm; or
® not claimed by Michael Melosh are maintained by their respective owners.
page design 1995-2004